Surveys can be used to collect information from the participants in your events. You can access Surveys from the tabs available in the Admin > Community section on your website.
Survey Page Functions
On the main survey page you'll see your previous surveys along with several options. From this page you can do the following:
- Create New Surveys
- Search for Existing Surveys
- Edit Existing Surveys
- Export Results from Existing Surveys
Create New Surveys
To create a new survey, select the "+ New" button at the top of the survey page. This will take you to a window with several fields for customizing your survey.
Add your survey name to this field. You can also change or edit this later. Try to include keywords that will indicate what this survey is about as it will be viewable to the survey recipients and admins.
You have two options:
- Load previous answers as defaults
- Is Scorable: This will allow you to weight questions on a five-point scale of "Not Important" to "Very Important". In addition you will be able to weight answers within a question on a 10 point scale. For example: "How strong is your passing?" The weight of this question can range from 0 to 10.
This is the tool you'll use to build your survey
- Add Question: You can choose to put this question at the beginning of the survey, at the end, or after a question that already exists.
- Question: In this text field you can input your question. HTML mark-up is allowed in the question field.
- Required: Check this box to require participants answer the question. Leave unchecked otherwise.
- Answer Type: You have several options for answer types.
- Choice: Allow the participant to answer from one of several choices
- Multiple Choice: Allow the participant to select multiple choices
- Text Field: The participant receives a text field to supply a longer response
- Text Area: The participant receives a text field to supply a longer response
- Date: Participant needs to input a value following a date format
- Image: The participant needs to upload an image file
- Audio: The participant needs to upload an audio file
- Video: The participant needs to upload an video file
Edit Existing Surveys
Find the Survey you need to edit in the Admin > Community > Surveys area. Clicking on any survey allows you to edit the existing survey.
Export Results from Existing Surveys
Find the Survey you need to edit in the Admin > Community > Surveys area. Click on Export Results, and the data will be exported as a .csv file.